Photobucket

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The unknown place for Kolok mee

Yesterday night I drove all the way up to the airport area just for a bowl of kolok mee, call me insane if you want because Eric said the kolok mee is so good that the quantity produce per night is very limited and advance booking is required. Now that sounded very convincing, too bad I cannot tell you the exact location. Because I needed my friend to lead the way, further more it was night time and not very easy to recognize the place.

So the place doesn't look exactly like a decent kopitiam, it does not have much tables around and it is located at the back alley. You must be thinking who on earth would eat there, therefore I do not judge the appearance because I see a lot of people dropping by there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So here comes the noodles, for the looks it pretty much just like plain Jane. The taste was superb, it has the home cook food flavor and feeling. You do not feel sick after eating, usually you get that feeling because most of the stalls use ajinomoto like nobody's business, but this one they do not do so(I think). I would definitely go through the trouble driving back there again and have this, it is just so worth it for a noodle freak like me and the noodles are so good that will make normal people become like this.

Photobucket

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger jfook said...

Which airport? Um.....Kuching?? Or...

11:46 PM  
Anonymous theeggyolks said...

I was attracted by your title "KOLO Mee"! where are you actually? I mean you're in Kuching or outside of kuching? Cuz I don usually find nice kolo mee other than the one in Kuching:P

11:49 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

jfook: in Miri
theeggyolks: it is in Miri

8:18 PM  
Blogger Gadis n Frank said...

i m hoping that there's 'makcik' from kuching or miri will open the Kolok Mee stall in Putraja @ KL....i miss Swak Kolok Mee so much...

10:47 PM  
Blogger Ghosty Nana said...

I am a food fan too, although I don't post about food. May I know where exactly in Miri pleasee..

8:40 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

gadis: actually there is, he's doing a franchise there

Ghosty: well if I do know the exact location, I wouldn't need the help of my friends to navigate my way there and I would mention the location right already, right?

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Benny said...

Never try kolok mee before. Will do someday.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

Benny: you should, it's good!

12:01 AM  
Blogger Ghosty Nana said...

But u been thr, just tell me belok into which small lorong. between with shophouse with wat shop.. like writing for spm english paper!! plss

2:55 AM  
Blogger Darren said...

Ghosty: If i know the exact location, I would have written it there, As i said "I needed my friend to lead me the way". All I know is , you go from the airport road to the end and there's some housing area bypass to the luak and there should be a couple shop lots at that area and it's at the back alley there and it's only open at night. that is all I know, not that I do not want to disclose the location, I really do not know the exact location.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Ghosty Nana said...

ah, your direction is enough.thx!

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home