Photobucket

Thursday, August 14, 2008

cannot take photo!

On my last day in Kuching, after having breakfast me and my uncle saw some kid selling soft shell turtles at the roadside. Before I head to the city to take some photographs, my uncle suggested to go get a photo of it. We approach the kid, my uncle was asking about the prices. I suddenly took a shot, the kid immediately tell me that I cannot take a photo. Here is how the conversation goes.

Kid: kamu tidak boleh ambil gambar( you cannot take photo)
me: kenapa? (why?)
Kid: nanti keluar newspaper, saya tidak boleh jual lagi
( later it'll appear on newspaper and I cannot sell anymore)
me: saya bukan wartawan, saya cuma ambil gambar untuk sendiri saja
(I'm not a reporter, I'm just taking it for myself)
kid: kalau mau, u beli semua dan ambil gambar lah
( if you want, you buy all and take photo)
*not to mention the price he is selling is such a ripped off!*'
me: kalau orang mau tangkap, awal awal sudah tangkap kamu lah! buat mau tunggu saya datang ambil gambar, kalau reporter mau ambil gambar, pun sudah awal awal datang ambil lah! betul?(
if the authorities wanted to catch you, they wouldn't have waited for me to take photo of you, if the reporters wanted to take a photo of you, they would have done it already, right?)
kid: tapi kamu tidak boleh ambil gambar, nanti keluar newspaper, saya tidak boleh jual lagi
( but you cannot take photo, later it'll appear on newspaper and I cannot sell anymore)
me: -_-"'

It seems like this boy does not even understand anything I said, so we just leave him alone. Anyway selling soft shell turtle is illegal here in Sarawak, no wonder he was so paranoid. Here's the photo I managed to take.

Photobucket

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Miri free photographer said...

if few ringgit i will buy few and release it....poor animal....

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darren, report to WWF Malaysia. Go to their website. They've got a special SMS hotline for this.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous ThunderFoxy said...

arrgghhh... how cruel..

8:52 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

Miri free photographer: well if i had the cash that time i might do the same too

Anonymous: no lah, i'm not even at Kch, let someone else do it

thunderfoxy: yeahh

9:10 PM  
Blogger -RacheL- said...

damn kid! hahaha! darren us hud have just scare the heck out of him la hahahaha!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

Rachel: ahahaha later he call his gang from the kampung to whack me or he can just throw those turtle at me and I'll get turtle bites LOL

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Rachael said...

hahahaha. omg i actually think this is hillarious.

1. you said it's illegal yea?
2. if it's illegal, then why the hell is he selling it by the side of the road?

????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Darren said...

rachael: because this is M'sia, illegal also can sell LOL

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home