Photobucket

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Siti & Ryhmie's wedding

Two weeks earlier my friend Siti tied knot and I was invited to her wedding reception, I have never attended any Malay wedding so I was rather excited to see how it goes. I reached there just in time to meet with my other friends there, while waiting for the other guest to arrive there was a live band there to entertain the guests. While I was going around taking photos, the wedding started off with the bride & groom entering the ballroom. Once everyone is seated, there was an opening prayer. After the prayer it was time for the blessing ceremony, where the parents of the bride & groom or sometimes invited guest comes up to give the newly weds their blessings.

Food was served, I really enjoyed the food a lot. Especially the Sambal belacan for the Ulam(raw vegetables), it was scrumptious. I simply must learn how to make that, it would suitable for fried noodles too. While everyone was busy eating, There was another entertainment prepared for the guest. Hujan a local Malaysian band was performing, the lead singer is actually Siti's brother and they happened to be in Miri doing a promo tour.

Check out the photos below from the wedding.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Kimberley said...

"Ulam???"
"Salad!"
... Astro.

the bride is very pretty. :) where was the wedding held? was it marriot?

3:54 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

Siti would be happy to hear that, it was held at imperial hotel.

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Huai Bin said...

I've never been to a Malay wedding (unless I did and forgot about it during the hazy days of my use). It looks interesting.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

haha maybe u did, yeah it is and the food was fantastic!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Mystery LadyBird said...

omg i cant imagine seeing the band boy - 'hujan' jumping up and down on the stage with the baju malay attire...are they somehow related to the bride?? ;)

8:18 AM  
Blogger Darren said...

mystery ladybird: the singer is the bride's brother :), yeah i can't imagine that or him doing the body surf LOL

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home