Photobucket

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Curtin university new media workshop

On the 5th of June, I attended the curtin university new media workshop on blogging. I was not aware of this workshop, until my friend's mom informed me about it(thanks auntie). I thought that it would be a good opportunity to enhance my blogging etiquettes, I quickly register myself and it was free with limited number of seats.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

I reached there a little late, there was a lot of familiar faces and unfamiliar faces as well. I met a couple of my friends from the media, a few politicians were there too. It really looks like blogging is a powerful tool to reach out to the nation, maybe they are following the steps of the big bird Jeff Ooi. When I arrived there, Sean Ang the instructor from KL has already started. He was pointing out some sensitive issues, which made someone not very happy and he made is point of view clear to him.

Later on we were ask to register a Wordpress account, I already have an existing blog! I do not want more blogs, maintaining one is not an easy job. So I name it "my none existence blog" which I am not going use it ever again. We were given some quiz about Wordpress, I wonder why did they choose Wordpress instead of blogger. What they teach during the technical support session, is what I have learn from blogging 101 a few years back. Not trying to brag here, I have been blogging for about 8 years already but it was good to refresh my memory.

Photobucket

When we have the tea break, I though I saw someone familiar. It was Ing hui, she is attending the workshop. After the lunch break, we had another technical session again. Sean Ang is back again, this time he teaches us how to bring more traffic and marketing our blogs. I must say those tips are useful indeed, but it really take a lot efforts and time to do so.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Once again I would like to thank the media department from curtin university for organizing a blogging workshop and Sean Ang for sharing his knowledge and tips to us.

Photobucket

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger LiNa said...

Hey Darren! Interesting blog. I had linked you in my blog. Link me also ya at www.ellelina.blogspot.com
Take care!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Kimberley said...

where's kenny sia? :P

11:01 PM  
Blogger Darren said...

kim: who? what? where? I dunno Curtin wanna fork out the money to invited him over as the intructor LOL.

lina: heyy u blog too?

12:54 PM  
Blogger LiNa said...

Just started last year. Only active recently! CHEERS~

3:36 PM  
Blogger Kimberley said...

who was it who told me if not you..... ohhhh... opps. i thought it was you. hahaha. a fren did tell me dat kenny sia was supposed to come.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home