Photobucket

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Still in Oil Land

Hello guys, I am still in Brunei in case you are wondering. I never thought that coming would be so wonderful, it is good that my cellphone has no reception and I am free from annoying unnecessary phone calls. Hurrah to that, now let's talk about my purpose coming to the oil land. I am here actually to attend my dearest cousin Rachael's birthday and to clear my leave as well, I do not wish to have my leave burnt like last year.

We went to this place for something lovely Ba Ku teh, I was impress by the cleanliness for a normal kopitiam style restaurant here in Brunei. So ashamed to compare it to the ones in Miri, so you Mirians must do what you need to do. The Ba ku teh was good, very filling as well. The soup was totally different, the herbal taste was much more stronger and better. The Ba ku teh there offers you a choice of mixed version or a normal version, if you like to try news things the mix version is good, it comes with pork liver, intenstine and etc.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After that we headed to this place call Manjaro, it's an Indian restaurant with very nice place to hand out for a drink or dinner. The restaurant's ambiance was soothing and calm, the interior decors was great by using simple but yet interesting designs. To bad Alcohol is banned over there, if not it would have been a lot better. Stay tune for more updates on Brunei.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Nonnie King said...

Erm..Manjaro is not quite an Indian restaurant. =)

They serve Moroccan, Thai, Western, Asian and Continental. So I don't quite know where to categorize them.

Oh, glad that you like Brunei! You gotta go to the Pasar Malam in Gadong!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Darren said...

nonnie King: that sounds more fusion to me, well i'm already back home already, maybe some other again when i'm in bandar

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home