Photobucket

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Lamp Shadow Beef

I got this small packet from my colleagues, they told me that our boss got it from KL. My first impression was that, were they selling edible hair to people? i take closer look at the packaging, it was actually some chinese made beef. The looks of the beef is not that pleasing, however the history of the product was rather interesting. It started when a Chinese guy was trying to sell cooked beef and business did not turn out good for him, during the night he was sitting in his room with an oil lamp and thinking of a way to improve the sales of his products, he added vinegar to the beef and it became a success after that and the product is call Lamp shadow beef.

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

When few of my colleagues took a bite, they all complained that it was horrible. I was a little discourage to try it, despite all the complains i still insist to try it myself and i have to say they all have bad taste of food. The beef was actually very nice, it tasted like beef jerky. Just that it's an Asian version of the Western one, the beef doesn't look appealing but it's really good. Too bad i can't get them here, if not it'll be a good snack for TV sessions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home